Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Linguistics


Words. On a page. One can intend them for one meaning and they can carry many others. At times there are no words in one’s language that can truly express a feeling…so how does one communicate what that feeling means. I had an amazing time with God up in the mountains this last weekend. I knew I would. That is where I really feel connected to Him. I want to share some about that time, but tomorrow--September 15th-- I am taking a “pause.” Tomorrow I am celebrating my sweetheart’s birthday. No party I could have would compare with the party HE is having! (Can you imagine the guests????) And yet, I feel compelled to celebrate…a life that brought so many memories. I’m digging through some of his stories to share with you. In the meantime, would you celebrate with me by having some Oreos? I wanted to share his “10 Commandments of eating Oreos,” but they are in the abyss of my piles of pictures and cards and financial stuff…among other things. I do remember my favorite (for all you “dunkers” out there.) “Thou shalt only dunk on days ending in ‘y’.”

What ever happened to “Alpha bits” cereal? That was a fun way to create words. I’m glad God gave us His Word. Check out Philippians 1:19. I can relate to Paul when he says, “For I know that this (his circumstance) shall turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ…”

I sense I am being walked through my circumstance by the provision of your prayers (words and tears?) and the Holy Spirit. When I seem to be ‘so strong’ it really is so contrary to my natural tendencies…so I know there is something Bigger going on….and I just don’t have the words to explain it.

Have an Oreo Day,
Annie B.

Oreos—accept no imitation. :) Surely you have Oreo stories…walking in the “snow,” stacking, double dunking…but I don't think two Oreos would have the same result as a cucumber eye soother...maybe the stories, though, do something to soothe our hearts...My kids reminded me that in the Princess Diaries the hairdresser says (use an accent here please...in Michael's memory), "I tell you secret, the cucumber does nothing."

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie,

I emailed you with comments too, but I also wanted everyone to know how much I appreciated you "gift" on my office door. The Oreos went first. I didn't take time to do anything special with them, just gulped them down. The licorce (sp) I laughed and cried with. It was marvelous! I loved sharing the love of licorce with Mike and I will never eat it again without thinking of him. I pray.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home