Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Birth days again

Birth Days. Days carved in stone. Unchangeable.

I went to the Cemetary this past September 15th. This is what I journaled.

Today is a different day being here that the last. A friend came and cleaned the headstone. Smile. It weathers. The ants are crawling on it. Was someone eating Oreos over here? One ant is carrying a friend. Pastor, the new Reverend, gave me one of the extra lunches (just before I came over here) after a conference. "It's ham and cheese...on RYE," I noticed. I don't even like rye, but I'll eat rye bread on a sandwich. It was Michael's favorite...fancy that.

The sprinklers are on down the way. I'm a little nervous they'll come here next.

I'm not so good at remembering birthdays. So, Happy Birthday my friends. I am glad you are in my life.

Love,
Annie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home