Friday, January 06, 2006

Clothes

I did it!
We did it. The big boys and I went through Michael's clothes. My plan was just to go through the polos (old man shirts to the boys), but we laughed so hard at times and the "air" was very light when we finished that part (so we kept going). Picture a standing-room-only walk-in closet for one...and there were three of us in there.

We found 4 identical Padre hats and other different Padre hats...remembering sitting in the 'nose-bleeds' and watching many a game...eating cotton candy and singing the 7th inning song?? Our daughter smitten with Tony Gwynn...We found Pastor Mike hats, Emmaus culinary institute, Dill pickle hat from Arco Idaho??? (was that from our Seattle friends???), Burns security...guess he's pretty secure now. Maybe he should have taken his Jesus 24/7 hat??

They wanted more of the long-sleeved shirts than I thought they would. I was surprised at some shirts they wanted and laughed at others that they said, "uh, NO." to...almost before I indicated which shirt I was talking about. And then there was the shirt that "I could keep that with the costume stuff." (Was that a compliment or??) Nevermind.

I weeded through the sock drawer turning socks right side out. Michael always pulled his socks off inside out so I just washed them that way and he turned them right side out when he put them on. I figured since he told me how to fold his chonies, I could tell him how to fold his socks and if he didn't want to turn them right side out for the wash then we could all deal with that.

Even if his dresser top was a whirlwind of menageries...coins for magic tricks...(surprise!)...hankies and pictures, notes from our kids and church kids...(to Pasture Mike...Love Thea'), biking gear, a bendable Oreo man, and a rubber band gattling gun...his drawers were neat and orderly. They are empty now--except the t-shirts. We'll save those--for the younger ones to look at with us. He left me an Olive Garden gift card. Maybe I'll go eat some soup and salad and ...ahhh...The bike clothes all went in a box for now.

Another chapter finished. I turn out the closet light...time to rest...a friend starts chemo this week...and she encouraged me.

I hope I don't wear you out,
Annie...thanks for sticking with me.

Michael wrote...September 12, 1985:
"Hebrews 4:1-13, Proverbs 18 Taking rest isn't an option--we need to find physical rest to restore our bodies. God's peace and forgiveness provide rest for our souls. As we find a day of rest it needs to include spiritual rest--seeking God's face."

2 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie-
I was "awe-struck" by your article...it also helped me remember a time when my family (aunts, uncles, cousins) divided the things that my Grandma had. Each of us had something different that we wanted that would always remind us of Grandma and the special memories we had of her. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers!
Sarah Z.

 
At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie, I'm so proud of you. I'm glad to hear there are laughs in with the tears. That helps. I inherited some plants from one of my aunts. And surpising enough, they are still alive. Not being a
green thumb like you that is a surprise. Thanks for sharing with us. It helps my family heal. Thank you for praying for us as we
pray for you. Your family is a treasure to us.

Love Jodi K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home