Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Name-dropping

It would be really fun to share with you all the famous people with whom I have shaken hands. Does it make me a better person? More special? No. I have so much I want to share, but I have too much to do and too little time. My emotions are full and confused. I am jazzed about ministry right now, but the low of my emotions and the high of knowing God is clashing somewhere in the middle.

A frustrating thing about grief is the braincells that are destroyed...or re-routing that takes place. I am dropping so many names. I'm talking about people that I know. I can tell you where they work, what they are involved in, where I know them from...but I can't pull a name out of my brain. People are so gracious.

My support staff at the office lost her 3 yr old grandson last week. Brutal loss for their family, and another crashing blow to our staff team.

Tonight I just cling to the only Name that can carry me through...Jesus. Emmanuel. God with us. Mind-boggling to know He knows MY name!

in His name,
Annie B.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annie,
As the Tour de Cure inches closer I find myself thinking more of you and your children.

I was so delighted to have a new student in Spin. Mike was always quiet with a smile. He worked hard and was "one of the riders".

My husband and I spent the afternoon with him in Napa after the ride. We had finished the ride and eaten a fairly large lunch. A few of us wandered off to the silent auction tent. Mike told me he wanted to find something for you. He was looking for a week end getaway to Napa or another lovely location. How thoughtful, I mused to myself. You think he is still planning that weekend with you in heaven? I do.

It was not my day to teach the day you came into class to speak with the students. I heard words like "strong and Amazing" Perhaps, I thought, she is still in shock. Perhaps she is a reflection of Jesus.

Annie, we are riding again on May 7th under the same name: In shape Health Club. If you want to know more about it all you need to do is email me. We will be having a dinner the Friday before May 5th if you'd like to attend. It will be at Pump it Up at 5pm (Not sure if it is the Brentwood location or Oakly).

We all love you Annie~

Lisa
pinguelo28@comcast.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home